rss

Blizzard is a hog!

Saturday, April 19, 2008

I found this cool program, WinDirStat, that maps out your disk space and presents it in a colorful "image" of sorts. Each color shows a file type. Here's the picture of my disk space usage (click to enlarge):



Pretty, eh? So after looking at this I was wondering what an MPQ file was being that its taking up most of my disk space. Straight to Google to find out. It's Blizzard's file format for archiving game files. And what's the only Blizzard game I have on my computer? World of Warcraft, just like ten million other people! I knew that WoW was large program, I didn't think that it would be taking up the majority of my disk space! 12.7GB of disk space! How crazy is that?! I canceled my subscription to WoW about two months ago because I've been so busy I haven't had time to play it. I always thought that maybe I'll sign back up "some day" and didn't want to delete the program. Maybe I should... I guess I won't worry about it until I actually need the space but good lord!

0 comments: