rss

Red Wine Poem

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The red wine is talking
I hear it tell me about my past
I cannot avoid it
I do not want to avoid it
I wish I could make sense of all the paths
So many taken
So many not taken
Did I choose the right ones
Did I choose the wrong ones
I think too much
Others think too little
Damn my conscience
Will I ever be satisfied
Will I ever be happy
In ten years will I be alive
In ten years will I be happy
Why can't I be happy
Why can't I be content
I am good at many things
I am not great at anything
People like me
I like myself
I don't think that is enough
I wish it was enough
Would I be a different person 400 years ago
I am so much
I am so little
I am just getting by

2 comments:

Katy said...

I wish life had do overs. I love you though, and I think you're great no matter what.

Anonymous said...

It is life that we end up where we are, enjoy it!