rss

Filters

Monday, May 24, 2010

I'm loving my new camera! One of the fun things about it is the use of filters directly on the camera itself. The filters themselves have customization so you can make one photo come out hundreds of ways. It's pretty awesome.

Here we have nice photo I took of the Painted Ladies in Alamo Square.

Now we have the same picture but with pastel filter. Pretty spiffy, eh?


Here is the watercolor filter. You might recognize this photo from my Snap. Post. Repeat. blog.


Here we have the HDR filter.


The fisheye filter. I think this would be better on a portrait or macro photograph.


The extract color filter removes all the color from the picture except one of your choosing. Here I kept the color green in the picture.


This is a high contrast filter.


Here is a miniature filter. It blurs part of the image to create a fake miniature scene. I think this filter would work better on a different type of picture, like a cityscape one.


The retro filter is fun. You can change the tint to either a blue hue or a brown hue.


The soft filter reminds me of a soap opera.


I didn't think the starburst filter was doing anything when I was looking at the picture on my tiny LCD camera screen but now I see the starburst. I bet this filter would be awesome with a night picture!


The toy camera filter makes the picture look like it was taken with a cheap toy camera that has a plastic lens. I find it funny that the toy camera types of photographs have been so popular because of their distorted artsy look despite the fact that they are (originally) created with, well,  cheap toy cameras.


Here is a water color filter of a photograph of San Francisco from Twin Peaks. It came out really neat!


Here is the extract color filter again. I think this picture looks stunning.


And here's another watercolor filter picture.


I could post more and more, but I think get the idea about how much fun they are. BTW, did I mention that I love my new camera!?

0 comments: